Pages

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

#blog challenge Day 40

The Hardest Challenge I have been faced with


I was going to put this in with my catch up blog posts, but after thinking about it and reading other blogs I decided it needed its own little post of its own.

I have been faced with some difficult challenges over the years. I wouldn't call them hard as such though.

I moved to the other side of the country when I was only 18yo to a place where there were no friends or family. I got pregnant not long after that and had to do so much alone. That would be a difficult challenge.

John and I moved house twice from Waikanae to Upper Hutt and then on to Masterton (where we are now) and that was hard, but very easy to manage.

Isn't it amazing how we use the word hard when we could use another word instead?

I have been hit with lots of challenges over the years and I would call them hard, I wouldn't class one as harder than the other.

John and I have had so many steps to climb up over the years.
He has had health scares, work accidents, accidents and brushes with death in the 10years we have been together.
We have had two babies, three house moves, job changes and bought a house.
We got married (that was HARD).
And here we are today.

If I really had to sum it up, the HARDEST challenge I was faced with was having John in hospital not knowing if he was going to come home.

A few years back, John was really sick. He thought it was the weather and that he hadn't stopped to eat all day.
He was cold and clammy and pale and looked AWFUL.

We later found out that his heart was literally beating out of his chest! I googled and tried to get him to let me ring an ambulance and in the end he DROVE himself to A&E. He was up there for about an hour when the nurse rang and told me he was staying in and I could see him the next day.
Little did we know, he was near death. He had Ventricular Tachycardia and there is no known cause for why John has it. They had to shock him three times and pump him full of any medicine they could find for the heart.

When I think about it now, it scares me how close I came to losing my best friend. It was around that time when Johns aunt decided to give him a kick up the bum and get him to make an honest woman out of me!

John has had two more episodes after that and has had some investigative surgery to try and find out what is wrong with him. Fingers crossed it doesn't happen again because I try not to think about one of the days John might not of come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment